Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why do I like Facebook

Sometimes...uh...most of the time, I have nothing to blog on, nothing long and interesting. My life is boring with no real upsets. That's good and bad. But I want a Web presence that's up to date with what's on my mind or what I'm working on without having a full Web site to update. I'm lazy if you haven't read between the lines of what I wrote above yet. Haha.

Anyway, on Facebook, I can just toss up a line or two and call it a post. I feel accomplished because I have shown up online and can call it "promo" or reaching out to readers or whatever makes me feel less guilty about not having a real Web site.

Sometimes I forget to visit Facebook, but then I think "I wonder what X author is doing right now. I wonder what she's writing or thinking." So I stroll on over to Facebook to see if she's said anything lately, and sure enough, she has, and I like getting all in her business that way. Haha. Yes, that means I'm also nosey. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

In this way, Facebook serves it's purpose. I can update myself on what my favorite authors are doing if they do use Facebook, and I can update my readers on what's on my mind as well. At least I hope that's what I'm doing. I don't know if anyone ever reads my blog since I don't go blog hopping, but just in case, here you go, a little insight into the nut that is Jordyn Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment